Moving an Address' Pre-Plan Marker
The green Pre-Plan markers on each address can be moved to a more appropriate location by following a few simple steps. Please note that this ability is usually restricted to Administrators.
- Click the green (or orange) address icon you'd like to move
- In edit mode, you can drag and re-position the marker.
As an admin, if you are unable to move an icon, try reloading the page. If still restricted, your account might be restricted from this feature. Ema
firstname.lastname@example.org so we can grant permission for this feature.
Adding a New, Independent Address
Users have the ability to add a new address that is not already populated in the platform.
WARNING: To add an underlying Unit, such as an Apartment, tied to a main address, please see the next section.
To add a brand new address that is not identified by a green address marker, follow these steps:
- Double-check and verify that this address does not already exist within First Due. Duplicates can cause issues.
- On the top left menu select, Pre-Plan Data > Pre-Plans.
- Once in Pre-Plan edit mode, simply double click on the map where you'd like to add a new address, then select "New Occupancy".
- When entering the address information, please make sure it matches the same format other addresses are in.
Adding a Secondary Unit/Apartment, Tied to the Main Address
Secondary addresses allow for documenting individual units at a main address location. This feature is best used for apartment buildings, hotels, conference centers, strip malls, malls, etc. The secondary address feature allows for more detailed pre-planning about each unit.
To add a Secondary Address, follow these steps:
- Verify the main address
- Click for the main address
- Verify the address format in the Address Details section
- Consider copying the address (Ctrl+C or Cmd+C)
- Click CANCEL at the top of the Pre-Plan to exit the main address pre-plan.
- Double-click on the map where you want to add the Secondary Address
- Click New Occupancy
- Enter the address information exactly as shown on the main address
- To paste the street address, click on Address Line 1 and paste (Ctrl+V or Cmd+V)
- Remove the City, State and Zip information from Address Line 1
- Enter the Unit, Apartment, Suite, etc. information on Address Line 2
- Complete the City, State and Zip information to match the main address
To view Secondary Addresses on the Map
In order to view secondary addresses on the map, the user must click on the family tree icon in the top right corner of the map.
To Edit a Secondary Address' Pre-Plan
- Show Secondary Address by clicking
- Choose the Secondary Address that you wish to Edit and complete the Pre-Plan.